Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Friday, July 11, 2014

The Things He Carried

The Things He Carried
And the thoughts he had about some of them.




  • Helmet
  • Bike Shorts
  • Bike Shirt
  • Sleeping Bag Liner- This thing is awesome.  I haven't used my sleeping bag yet, but I use this every night and it is teeny and weights nothing.
  • Down Jacket
  • Sleeping Bag- Insurance.  I haven't needed it, but I am scared to get rid of it in case I do.
  • Tent 
  • Tent Poles
  • Thermarest- I have never had a blow-up pad before.  They are so comfortable, it's incredible.
  • Biking Shoes
  • Crocs
  • Sweater- Will not keep
  • Zip-off Pants
  • Wool t-shirt- Have I ever told you how much I like the Stoic wool t-shirts?  They are thin so be careful, but they are awesome.
  • Rain Pants
  • Rain Coat
  • Med Kit- no need so far, knock on wood.
  • Hygiene Stuff
  • Embroidered Stuff Sack
  • Running Shorts
  • Wool long top
  • Bandanna
  • Socks (2)
  • Sharpening Stone
  • Camera- redundant to The Oracle, without a good way of getting photos off of it onto any computer.  Will not keep.
  • Phone- The Oracle.  It's like a magic box of cheating, with a map that has a dot where I am, or a internet browser, camera, or directions to the nearest bike store.
  • Charging Battery- This thing is also magic.  It holds the special food for the Oracle so it can work for me for three times as long without dying.
  • Headlamp
  • Wallet- great for buying ice cream and new books.  Oh, and also food.
  • P-cord
  • Cook Kit
  • Bike Repair Kit
  • Knife
  • Watch- I haven't seen this thing since the first day. I forgot I had it.  I wonder if I still have it.
  • Books- "The Prophet" and a Journal


No comments:

Post a Comment